|Is there a chance?
Oct 23, 2005
on October 20th, I was exposed to HIV infected blood. I work at a dialysis clinic, and as I was drawing a lab from the patient I was somehow sprayed with his blood in an open wound. The hospital prescribed Combivir. I researced on the internet and found out this is a drug that TREATS HIV patients, should I continue to take the medication since I'm not sure if I have been infected?
Is this drug considered a Post-exposure prophylaxis?
Thanks in advance.
|Response from Dr. Young|
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Psoriasis After Touching Dried Semen Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Condom Popped Worried I Have HIV
- Tiredness After Eating Food Made By Someone With HIV Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Bacterial Vaginosis Cause Vaginal Bleeding?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.