|is it too early to start treatment?
Oct 23, 2005
| Response from Dr. Young
Thank you for your post.
Unless you're having clear HIV-related symptoms, most US- and EU-based physicians wouldn't recommend starting treatment until your CD4 count was below 350 cells. This might be particularly true in someone with such a low HIV viral load (with an average load of about 50,000). BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Are Black Spots An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Sore On Penis Sign Of HIV Infection
- Can U Get HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Blood In Urine After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Anal With Condom Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.