Oct 21, 2005
My dad has had AIDS for about 26yrs would it be safe for him to get the flu shot, if so why? also what about the rest of the living with family is it safe for us to get the shot and be around him? P.S. I am very well educated in all aspects of HIV and AIDS so please explain it is medical terms.
| Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
Since the influenza vaccination is not a live-virus vaccine (i.e., inactivated virus), there's no particular danger to persons with immune deficiencies (including HIV).
Indeed treatment guidelines recommend the vaccination to most persons with HIV and their household contacts, in order to mitigate the risk of developing influneza A infection.
I recommend that all of my HIV patients and their family members get vaccinated annually. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Rash After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have
- Painful Urination After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Touching Vaginal Sore Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.