Toxoplasmosis in the brain

Plz tell me if there are any treatments and what the prognosis is for a patient with advanced HIV (CD4 count of 36) and toxoplasmosis that has also infected the brain. Is there any hope? I have been told I may have less than 90 days to live.

Sulfa-based antibiotic therapy is extremely effective for treatment of toxoplasmosis of the brain. HAART (combination HIV medications) leads to immune reconstitution and increases of the CD4 count. When the CD4 count increases and stays consistently above 200 cells, then it often possible to stop maintenance sulfa therapy for toxoplasmosis. So if you have access to HIV medication, then there not just hope, but the expectation of recovery. Thanks for posting and best of luck to you!

Confused
Thrush in the esophagus