HIV negative after seven years!

My son, husband and I have been HIV positive for seven years. Our viral load count has been undetectable since the beginning of our diagnosis, so my sons doctor decided to test him using HIV-1 DNA PCR and the test came back negative. I was then tested using the Elisa test and that test came back negative.My husbands Elisa test came back positive. Is it possible we may not have been infected with the HIV virus?

There are certainly instances in which a false positive HIV test (or lab labeling error) led to an erroneous diagnosis of HIV infection. This may well be the case for you and your son. Your family should all be fully retested (ELISA, Western Blot, HIV RNA) with expert analysis of the results to sort out what is going on. The original HIV tests should also be reviewed as well. Best of luck to you and your family and let us know how things turn out.

Neurological Manifestations of long term survivor
Pertussis (Whooping Cough) Booster