Neurological Manifestations of long term survivor

If I have been positive since early 80's and my doc says I have neurological manifestations of AIDS, also with neuropathy and gait disturbance, what exactly does that mean? Does that mean I have some dementia or just nerve damage in my hands and feet? Is gait disturbance[marked] a symptom that is neurological or the beginning of something that will gradually get worse in terms of my mind and my body[balance, driving, being able to walk rather than being bedfast, etc...] Is it reversible with Haart. Sometimes I get lost very easily, confused, etc...Tell me the truth, please, so I may ready myself. Thank you so much.

If you find yourself getting lost and are easily confused it does sound like a brain dysfunction of some sort. HAART typically leads to dramatic improvement in AIDS-related dementia. This has been one of the transformational changes in HIV medicine that is often taken for granted. In the earlier days of the HIV epidemic AIDS dementia was quite common and is now rarely seen in those on medications. HIV can also cause problems with the spinal cord and nerve which can lead to problems walking (gait disturbance). It sounds like you need to be treated proactively in order to reverse this situation. Let us know how things go and best of luck to you!

Under dosage
HIV negative after seven years!