Oct 16, 2005
WAnted to make sure I was on an OK regime. Truvada, Norvir and Reyataz. Also, are either of the three a bigger risk for Lipoatrohy or dystrophy than other drugs.
| Response from Dr. Wohl
What happens to lipids with the addition of Norvir to Reyataz is not clear. Certainly, some increase in lipids are likely. Believe it or not there are very limited data about this. I suspect any increase is modest and better than most other Norvir boosted protease inhibitors.
As to body shape we have even less data on boosted Reyataz. Truvada should not risk body shape problems.
On the whole, I would say this is a potent regimen which probably does not have a major impact on lipids or glucose handling. There is just not enough data to indicate what it does as far as body shape.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Bloody Nose After Unprotected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Nipple Biting Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.