Lumps under the skin

I am taking Truvada and Viracept, before I was taking regimens, I got lumps in the lower back, arms, small ones in the chest, I told my doc. and he doesn't really say anything about them, sometimes he tell me there just fatty deposits. The ones in the arms I ask to have remove. do you know what causes these little lumps up under the skin. MY cd4 count is good and my viral load is good. I've never been sick from HIV??? What do you think, sometimes theres pain in these lumps. Thanks.

These lumps sound like lipomas, also called fatty tumors. There are some reports of this occuring during HIV therapy but the relationship to HIV and HIV meds remains unclear.

That you experienced these before starting therapy means these are not a complication of therapy.

In many case I have had these removed by surgeons. They are not dangerous but can be unsightly and/or uncomfortable.

Undetectable
Bird Flu and HIVers