How long do I have to take Mepron ?

I came down with PCP and hospitalized for 11 days this July.I had very bad alegic reaction to sulfa so my doc gives me Mepron. I started med on August . Due to my very week cd4 ( 169 )and high vl (750,000) my doc gave me Sustiva and Truvada . After a week my resistant test came back and I was already resistant to Sustiva . She switched to Truvada and Reyataz and Norvir. My first lab test ( I did it on September 12th ) came back and it was amazing result . Now my cd4 270 and vl 1300. She told me I still have to take Mepron .I've been on Mepron since July and as a female I really don't feel good about taking antibiotic so long but she told me since I had PCP ,this is very important to take Mepron and she said something like a year !!! What is your opinion?

Several studies have shown that if the CD4 cell count stays above 200 for over 6 months (and CD4% at or above 14%), prophylaxis for PCP can be stopped. So, if in 6 months the results are the same or better, I would take you off the Mepron.

Other good news: Mepron should not cause a yeast infection.

Solumedrol for corneal graft rejection w/ HIV?
Bird Flu Pandemic Question