Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Not very good adherence to my regimine..can I still take it?
Oct 8, 2005

I am on Reyataz and Truvada. For a long time, I was perfect in adhering to my regimine. I then started a new job, had to work all 3 shifts during the week, and before I knew it, I had missed 9 doses. Does this mean I am resistant and probably can't take this regimine again and will have to take a new regimine?

Response from Dr. Wohl

No, you may not be resistant. You should get your viral load tested as soon as you can to make sure.

Can you figure out a way to take the meds at around the same time everyday despite your changing schedule? Is there something you are doing everyday at about the same time you can tag your meds to? It is really important to try not to blow this regimen as it can make subsequent treatment difficult.

If you really can not adhere well to the meds, talk right away to your doc about whether it would be safer to stop taking HIV therapy until you are better able to take the meds.

DW

Previous
Please Help me out
Next
Is Kaletra and tenofovir a good option?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.