I just found out i'm full blown aides ..

Help i just found out i'm full blown aides cd4 of 184 viral load 91,806-i just went in for my first blood draw and got great news , my cd4 is 197 viraL load is 872, i have strated the drug right after i found out i had aides, since there is only 19-21 drugs does this mean when i go through all 19-21 drugs i will die from aides or am i looking at it all wrong? Please help scared to death in Florida?

Dear Scared,

I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I do agree that it was time to start on medications, with a CD4 count below 200 (meaning that you have an "AIDS" diagnosis). The fact that your viral load decreased about 99% in just a few weeks after starting on treatment is highly predictive that your regimen is working great against your virus.

If you're able to keep up with the adherence, there's no immediate need to fear that you'll chew through all of the available drugs to treat HIV. Indeed, I have a number of patients who have been continuously on medications for 10 years now (they're the ones who managed to figure out adherence in a once very complicated time).

So, I think that you'll do just fine, you're prognosis should be very good. Good luck and good health to you. BY

Avian Flu
Rage