Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Avian Flu
Oct 7, 2005

With the recent concerns over the Avian Flu comming to the US and in epidemic porprtions, What Can I do to stay healthy?What do I do if I get sick or someone in my family gets sick? I tested Pos in Oct. 2004, cd4 569 and a viral load og 100,000. I'm not on any drug therapy but have been looking into and using all-natural means of trying to stay healthy. I'm really scared of the Avian Flu threat, can you put some perspectus on the subject for me please? Thank you.

Response from Dr. Pierone

If Avian Flu does mutate and develop virulence factors so that it can be spread from person to person then we could be in for a worldwide health catastrophe of unprecedented proportions. To date, this virus has only been transmitted to humans from fowl in SE Asia.

But preparations are underway. Governments are stockpiling Tamiflu (which treats Avian flu) and placing high priority on development of Avian Influenza vaccines. In the meanwhile, continue to use natural means to maintain health. Also, plan to skip the 4H club Chinese duck farm tour this year.

Previous
what is an opputuinistic infection
Next
I just found out i'm full blown aides ..

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.