Oct 7, 2005
Is there any hope within the next five or ten years that HIV will become a controllable disese such as diabetes?
| Response from Dr. Pierone
HIV is a controllable disease like diabetes now. The only catch is that one needs to live in a developed country with access to medical care and HIV medications. As a result of our inability to make treatment available, about 8000 people die daily from AIDS.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Penis Discharge After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Acute Hiv Symptoms Tongue White Spots
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.