Pregnancy & medication

My sister is pregnant and positive and she is 17yrs of age, what i would like to know is that she has been put on Kaletra & Aspen lamzid and she has to take 3tablets of Kaletra 2x daily and Aspen lamzid 1 tablet 2x a day.Will her body manage to cope with so much medication at her age.Thanks

Thank you for your post. It would appear that you live outside of the US and Europe.

I'm sorry to hear about your young sister's diagnosis. However, she appears to have good access to medications and her doctors have chosen a very reputable regimen-- Lamzid (generic AZT + 3TC) with Kaletra (lopinavir/ritonavir) is a widely prescribed drug regimen that has been shown to be very potent and effective. Many doctors use this regimen in pregnancy (as we did in our clinic just a few months ago for one of our patients).

Side effects can be a problem for this and other medications (especially when superimposed on the symptoms of pregnancy), but provided that your sister stays in touch with her doctor, I don't believe that they should be insurmountable.

Good luck to your sister and best wishes for a healthy child. BY

do they mix
Coming off Trizivir