|do they mix
Oct 5, 2005
I was wondering if i can take st. johns wort along with my buspirone hci (busp ar). I have heard of st johns wort helping a freind of mine but heard from other people it is not safe with buspar. What should i do?
| Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
St John's wort can potentially interact with many medications, causing increased risk of toxicity or lack of efficacy. I would avoid it's use while taking other prescription medications, in general. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Safety Precautions To Take With People Living With Hiv
- Can You Get Hiv Because You Have Small Cuts On Your Fingers?
- Would My Boyfriend Get Chlamydia If I Didn't Tell Him The First Time
- Will Blood Test Detect Gonorrhea?
- What To Do If You Think Your Boyfriend Has Herpes?
- What If Your Partner Has Hpv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.