Skip a dose if I missed it?

I have been taking Combivir and Sustiva for the past yr and my health is excellent (undetectable viral load and high CD4). One morning I missed my Combivir dose that I should have taken around 11. I didn't realize that I missed it until the late afternoon...about 5. I took the missed dose but wasn't sure if I should skipped it. I took my next dose as scheduled later that night at 11 with the Sustiva. I am usually very good about taking them and rarely miss a dose, especially not realizing it that late in the day so I was a bit worried. If I miss a dose should I still take it? What is recommended?

For a twice daily medication like Combivir it makes sense to take the missed dose if it is more than a few hours from the next scheduled dose. If you notice the lapse when you are due for the next dose, it is best to simply take the scheduled dose and get back on schedule. Hope that this helps and good luck!

What to do - Aptivus?
I just started Sustiva & Truvada