unable to get meds

Having been on truvada and sustiva for about a year, now that I have just started a new job I am unable to take time off to seek meds, I have been without for about two weeks, is this a big problem? I will try to get them within the next two weeks. My viral load was down to 400per ml last time it was checked under six months ago.

Hello and thanks for posting. As you probably know, stopping HIV medications can lead to development of viral resistance. Sporadic patterns of adherence generate the most risk, but even a one time discontinuation can on rare occasions lead to emergence of resistance. The short answer is that chances are very high that you will have re-suppression of viral replication when you restart medications. Of course, in the future try not to have unplanned treatment interruptions to limit the possibility of developing drug resistant virus. Best of luck to you!

Dropping One Med?
side effects - weight gain from meds?