Dropping One Med?

I started on meds about 4 months ago: Sustiva, Truvada, Reyataz and Norvir. I've had 100% adherence. The plan was that I'd drop Reyataz/Norvir when I became nondetectable (am almost there -- VL down from 275M to 300 and CD4's have jumped from 600 to over 1,100). Early genotype testing found mild resistance to PI's. I'm beginning to feel like I have the onset of depression, and I'm wondering if Sustiva has anything to do with it. This makes me wonder whether Sustiva should be the med that I drop. It certainly has caused lots of strange/vivid dreams, not scarry, but some mild sleep interruption. What are the considerations and risks in deciding which med to drop, especially in light of the genotype test result?

Hello and thanks for posting. The decision to go with a PI-based regimen really depends on the specific genotype report but if there was no resistance to Reyataz, it should be fine. Sorting out whether Sustiva is causing depression can sometimes be difficult, but the sleep disturbance and brain effects of this medication cannot be discounted. So talk to your doctor about this issue, but a change in plans away from Sustiva and towards Norvir/Reyataz seems reasonable. Good luck!

cipla products
unable to get meds