Carnitor - will it help decrecrease/limit lipodystrophy?

My ID doctor has recommended that I start on a medication/supplement called Carnitor to help with fat redistribution/lipodystrophy. Any info on this subject would be very helpful.

One of the best features of thebody.com is the search capability. If you go to the home page of this site and type in Carnitor (as I just have done) you will get access to quite an extensive discussion. By tracking these various posts back over time one can also get a sense of the evolution of our understanding of HIV disease processes.

But to answer your question, there are data that suggest fat loss or lipoatrophy is linked to mitochondrial toxicity. Carnitor, or L-carnitine may lessen the risk of mitochondrial toxicity. Not much research has been done to support this idea, but it is not unreasonable to add Carnitor when mitochondrial toxicity is present. Cost may be a major hurdle Carnitor comes in 330 mg tablets and it is not uncommon to see people using up to 3 grams per day. Hope that this information helps and best of luck to you.

is this a good start?
cipla products