Adherence to meds
Oct 3, 2005
I started sustiva and truvada 9 mos ago. I didn't miss any meds for 6 mos. but since then I have missed one day of meds every 2 mos. I believe this is better than 95% adherence. I know you can't condone missing but am I likely to develop resistance with this pattern?
Response from Dr. Pierone
Yes, this is better than 95% adherence and the chance that you will develop drug-resistant virus is extremely low. Being human we strive for perfection, but realize that lapses will occur. Keep up the good work and best of luck to you.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Testicular Pain A Sign Of AIDS?
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Sex With A Prostitute?
- Itchy Vagina After Nipple Biting Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Psoriasis After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.