Adherence to meds
Oct 3, 2005
I started sustiva and truvada 9 mos ago. I didn't miss any meds for 6 mos. but since then I have missed one day of meds every 2 mos. I believe this is better than 95% adherence. I know you can't condone missing but am I likely to develop resistance with this pattern?
Response from Dr. Pierone
Yes, this is better than 95% adherence and the chance that you will develop drug-resistant virus is extremely low. Being human we strive for perfection, but realize that lapses will occur. Keep up the good work and best of luck to you.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Fever After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Flaky Skin After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Masturbating With A Wart On Your Hand?
- Acute Hiv Symptoms At 6 Weeks
- Bruise And Cut On Testicles And Hiv Transmission
- Can You Get A Std From A Handjob?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.