CD4 vs CD 8 and CD 3 counts in HIV cases

A work colegue of mine in South Africa has asked me for help. He had a blood test and has the following results CD8 44%, CD4 27% and his CD8 count is 989 and CD4 count is 612 with a CD4:CD8 ratio of 0.62 His CD3 is 1676 cells/uL

He only earns $200 per month, how would I advise him to try and improve his quality of life and duration.

Should he begin with Anti-Retrovirals?

HIV and AIDS is very scary in South Africa with over 30% of the population being infected with HIV.

Thanks for your post.

With your friend's CD4 count, assuming that he's otherwise feeling well, there's no need to begin antiretroviral therapy now or in the near future.

For such patients, I suggest making sure that their other health issues are well cared for- these include things like diet, mental health, substance abuse (including tobacco), preventive medicine topics (vaccinations, blood pressure, diabetes managment).

Thanks for posting. BY

muscle pain and lipator
HIV Meds available in Europe