muscle pain and lipator

I had to visit an Urgent Care Center for severe pain in my left leg, which traveled up my leg to the back of my knee. I was scheduled for an Angiogram, and the test showed no blockage, in heart or legs, but did show small arteries in both legs. I am female, 74 years old. Tricycerides were a bit high, and the doctor put me on Lipator. 10mg. I have had back {flank pain} and it got increasingly worse. Another visit to E.R. X-rays show no problem with spine, but did show a slight infection of kidneys or bladder. So, I am taking Cipro. The inflamation has spread to my abdomen, and differant places in my back. It is a severe burning pain,and covers a large area. Now. I'm looking at the drugs I'm taking. Lipator mentions muscle pain, and I'm going to stop the Lipator. This is big time muscle pain,and it scares me. Am I going in the right direction? By the way, I went on Lipator on March 16th. Thank You.

Thanks for your post.

Yes, Lipitor and it's cousin lipid lowering drugs ("statins") can cause significant muscle injury at times, especially when some are administered with ritonavir.

Before I'd stop any of your medications, I'd discuss your symptoms and situation with your doctor. It might be time for some additional lab work-- if you stop first, it might cloud the diagnostic tests.

Good luck, BY

my partner
CD4 vs CD 8 and CD 3 counts in HIV cases