When should I start medication?
Sep 27, 2005
I was diagnosed the end of Feb. 2005, doctors didnt know what was wrong with me i was sick for 6 weeks, was dating someone who didnt know he had it, so we caught mine early. First diagnosis VL 475,000 Tcell 1100 right now its down to VL 186,000 Tcell 686, next apt. Nov. Should i be on meds now??
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
Assuming that you are without any significant symptoms at this time, with your high CD4 cell count, I don't believe that you need to start medications.
The high viral load and decline in your CD4 suggests that your should continue to get close laboratory monitoring-- with blood work at least every 3-4 months.
Good luck, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Sex With A Prostitute
- Burning Penis After Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Red Spots After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Hep C From Kissing A Hep C Infected Person?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.