Returning KS and undetectable viral load

I was diagnosed with KS on my body last year. I started a course of chemo and HIV medication at the same time. Although my viral load is now undetectable, and my CD4 count is around 450, my KS keeps returning about 6 weeks after completing the last chemo cycle. Should I be looking to change either the chemo that I am given or my hiv medication?

A couple of weeks ago I received a similar post that you should try to check out. Unfortunately, some people with great responses to HIV meds still experience KS. It is frustrating. I would not alter a successful HIV regimen as what more can a new regimen be expected to do.

Your oncologist may suggest a change in chemo or a more aggressive treatment schedule. Standard therapy is usually doxorubicin and bleomycin. Other chemotherapies exist but may have less supportive data. If your oncologist is an experienced treater of AIDS related cancers, she/he should be able to devise a strategy for recurrent KS. If you do not have an experienced oncologist, it is time to find one.

low VL low T-cells, which meds to start
What's next?