low VL low T-cells, which meds to start

my viral load has been under ten thousand for two years now (since i was diagnosed) but my t cells were 224 back then...they went up to 340 and then slowly went back down to 193 within the last year...i feel great, but should i start meds? i dont want to start if i dont have to but i also dont want to be foolish and hurt myself. the doctor wants me on viramune, epzicom, but i thinnk sustiva, truvada might be better. what do you think? thanks for answering my previous questions...you guys have been very helpful to me...k

There are studies that show better outcomes when HAART is provided to people with under 200 CD4 cells. So based on the available evidence, it is time to start. There are no hard and fast rules on initial therapy, but the combination of Truvada and Sustiva is used much more often than Epzicom and Viramune. This preference is driven primarily by concern for toxicity potential liver toxicity from Viramune and hypersensitivity from Epzicom. Hope that this helps and best of luck to you.

Four pill first line regimen
Returning KS and undetectable viral load