|first regimen - difference in lipid profiles?
Sep 25, 2005
Before I start protease inhibitor therapy, I'd like to know which combination has the best lipid/methabolic profile. How do Kaletra, Invirase and atazanavir compare to each other regarding lipids on that front?
| Response from Dr. Young
Thank you for your post.
Key to this overview is the understanding that the use of ritonavir (Norvir) boosting as well as which particular nucleoside(-tide) drugs that are coadministered will likely affect the degree of metabolic abnormalities.
I hope this helps, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Black Spots After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Night Sweats After Kissing Cold Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Oral Sex With No Protection What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Shingles After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.