first regimen - difference in lipid profiles?
Sep 25, 2005
Before I start protease inhibitor therapy, I'd like to know which combination has the best lipid/methabolic profile. How do Kaletra, Invirase and atazanavir compare to each other regarding lipids on that front?
Response from Dr. Young
Thank you for your post.
Key to this overview is the understanding that the use of ritonavir (Norvir) boosting as well as which particular nucleoside(-tide) drugs that are coadministered will likely affect the degree of metabolic abnormalities.
I hope this helps, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hairy Tongue After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Hpv After Swallowing Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Rubbing Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Vaginal Discharge After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Can I Get Genital Herpes If I Used A Condom?
- Can Trichomoniasis Cause Red Bumps In Genital Area?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.