Side effects of viread

Dear Doctor, I started my first combo ever a month ago, that is truvada and sustiva. I had some side effects during the first weeks of treatment - mainly, dizzness, weakness/fatigue, some fever, join and muscle pain, urination - that went away spontaneously, but I noticed that some of them didn't like extreme urination, recorrent fatigue/weakness, some lipodistrophy in my forearms, my temples and legs/knees - my knees are more bony. I asked my doctor to be tested for diabetes and he said, after an urine exam, that I din't have any sugar, blood, white cells or whatever in it. Is it possible that I am developping a viread related side effect? If it is so, do you think that it is going to disappear later on or things are going to be worse? Is it possible that extreme urination can damage my kidneys? I don't feel any pain on them or on my liver. I sleep and eat well, work out 15 minutes daily and take my medications at 11 pm, everyday. Thanks. Nelson.

With normal blood tests and having received tenofovir for only several months it would be very unlikely that Viread is causing any significant fat loss or bone problems. Soe patients on tenofovir do complain of more frequent urination and fatigue/weakness though can be hard to separate from Sustiva or even FTC (other component of Truvada) side effects. Some of those side effects may diminish with time. KH

stopping meds for a week
AZT - Meningitis ?