Sep 25, 2005
I would like to know about the new injection medicines that are used for filling in areas around your face and are there any financial programs to help pay for the service.
Response from Dr. Young
Sculptra is the only filler approved by the US FDA for the treatment of HIV-associated lipoatrophy. Certainly the topic for discussion, but most insurance companies and ADAPs don't reimburse for its use. In the past the manufacturer (Dermik) had patient assistance programs. You might contact them for additional information. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Preliminary Positive Hiv Test
- Hairy Leukoplakia Vs. Thrush
- Can You Get Hiv From One Time Sex With A Hiv Positive Person?
- How Long Does It Take For The Hiv Virus To Become Full Aids?
- How To Support Someone Who Is Hiv Positive?
- Can You Get Hiv On The First Time You Have Sex With An Infected Person?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.