Selium supplement +HIV

I tested HIV+ in 1999. My weight dropped drastically in 2002. I have not started using ARV'S. One year ago i started taking selenium supplements + tres fortes appetizer and from the look of things i am gaining weight and above all i look feel ok. Can selenium sustain me forever? I would not wish to start meds soon.

Thank you for your post.

I'm happy to hear that you've gained wieght and feel well. You're desire to postpone starting on HIV medications is not unreasonable. If you believe that the selenium supplement is responsible, all the better, but I'm skeptical about the long-term benefits and safety of most supplements, given a relative lack of well controlled scientific analyses and quality control about manufacture.

If you're asking me if the supplement will sustain you "forever", I'd have to say an unconditional no. I'd caution you to get periodic testing of your CD4 cell count (if not your viral load too); selenium won't help you much if your CD4 cell count is below 200, and certainly won't treat the pneumonia or cancers associated with AIDS. BY

Clinical Trials in Denver?
Sculpting medications