Clinical Trials in Denver?

Dr Young-

I was wondering if there are any clinical trials in the Denver area related to hiv. I am 35 years old and was diagnosed positive 14 months ago. I have been on a very successful regimen of Sustiva and Combivir, vl undetectable and CD4 count of over 400. Recently, I have been seriously thinking about becoming part of a clinical trial, providing I meet the specified criteria, but have not been able to locate any information related to this topic. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thank you!!

Thanks for your post and interest.

In general terms there are two different types of clinical trials-- natural history studies (not necessarily involving drugs) and pharmaceutical trials. The former studies can be very valuable scientifically speaking and involve no significant risk (since there's no change in your drug regimen involved). Because you're already taking antiretrovirals, it will be somewhat more difficult to find a pharmacuetical trial that you're eligible for (but by no means impossible).

In Denver, there are three major sites that do clinical studies, the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Infectious Diseases Division (AIDS Clinical Trials Unit), Denver Health and Hospitals Infectious Diseases Clinic (CPCRA Unit) and our clinic- Denver ID Consultants, Rose Medical Center. If you're interested, give the sites a call- our phone is 303 393 8050.

Good health to you, BY

will move my family anywhere in usa
Selium supplement +HIV