re: HIV - SA to America

In regards to the person who asked about immigrating to the US.

I was married last year to a woman with HIV and we are going through the immigration process. The US does have a waiver in place for people with HIV, it's called an I-601 (or I-690 depending on the situation) and it has certain criteria that needs to be met to be issued.

It would be easier for anyone to immigrate with HIV is they have a US citizen as a spouse. Without such a direct link it is much harder to get the waiver.

Hell Dr. Pierone just signed his section of my wife's waiver this week and we are going in for her final interview on October 7th. We have been working on this for about a year, and probably have 3-5 more months to go.

Anyone trying to get the 601 waiver needs a lawyer. It's to much for a person alone I think. I can reccomend a good lawyer if anyone wants the info.

Brent

Thanks much for this useful info!

Why are ppl with hiv/aids still dying in 2005 by the thousands in the US.
T Cell Count