starting meds. Lipo?

By Beginning sustivia and truvada can I expect to develop Lipo? And how long am I going to be dizzy? I can't funtion.

Thank you for your post.

Truvada/Sustiva should prove to be a very well tolerated drug regimen. I'm assuming that you take your medications at bedtime. The dizziness that your experiencing is a common side effect of efavirenz (Sustiva, Stocrin) that typically subsides within a few days, no more than a week.

As for lipodystrophy, this regimen shouldn't significantly increase your risk of developing body fat changes. Bear in mind that not all lipo risk is due to medications alone. Many studies now tell us that several disease- and host-related factors (nadir CD4 count, duration of HIV disease, age, race, gender) all play a role in lipo.

Talk to your doctor about your symptoms if they're severe enough to keep you from "functioning". If the severity persists, it might be time for a change.

Good luck, BY

Do my T-cell count affect my body to rehabilitate?
CD4 drop dramatically