Do my T-cell count affect my body to rehabilitate?

I know exercise is important and have been in the gym as long as I can remember. After testing positive for HIV 16 months ago I notice if I exerct myself too much I'm physically unable to exercise for a long while. The only way to explain the feeling is I feel painful from the inside out, to the point of being disabled. The last episode has lasted 4 weeks already, i'm just now feeling stable. This also brings on a herpes outbreak, which adds to the physical exhaustion. My T-cells have recently(finally) risen above 200 to 215. My viral load is undetectable. What should be my realistic expectations, physically, at this point of my infection? Also, should I go into detail with my doctor as to how I am feeling with each visit? I know there's not much he can do. I'm currently trying to get on disability as my physical abilities are so unpredictable, and I'm so far very sensitive to the meds, especially the sustiva.

Thank you for your help.

K in Charlotte, NC

Dear K in Charlott, thank you for your post.

I'm happy to hear that your viral load is undetectable and CD4s are starting to increase. Your symptoms are difficult to pin down and the diagnosis may depend a lot on which medications you're taking. It's also possible that your achiness and fatigue are related to a non-medication-related problem (like depression, testosterone deficiency, or anemia).

I'd certainly recommend that you discuss your symptoms with your doctor- your case illustrates that it's not just a lab test that we treat. Having an undetectable viral load is important, very important when your taking antiretroviral medications, but an undetectable viral load isn't the end or the story, nor the end of medical assistance with your quality of life.

Good luck, good health. BY

couple misdirected
starting meds. Lipo?