DIABETES MED IN SOMEONE WITH HEP C
Sep 23, 2005
YESTERDAY I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH TYPE 2 DIABETES. THE DOCTOR WANTS ME TO TAKE METFORMIN, 500MG 2X DAILY. WHEN READING THE LITERATURE, IT WARNS ABOUT TAKING WHEN HAVING LIVER DISEASE. IS THERE ANOTHER FORM OF MEDICATION THAT WOULD BE BETTER FOR ME? THANKS, JOELLEN
Response from Dr. Young
Joellen- Thanks for your post.
So long as you don't have advance liver disease (cirrhosis), metformin is probably ok to take. It's highly effective in many persons with type 2 diabetes.
We'll monitor both glucose (sugar) responses and liver function tests periodically in patients receiving this medication. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Vaginal Sex Without Condom And HIV Transmission Risk
- Do Swollen Glands Mean I Have Hiv?
- Is Dry Cough An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Diarrhea After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.