reactions

i have been on lamivudine, stavudine and nevirapine for the past six months. i am ok except for certain reoccuring rash in some part of my body, increased appetite and weight gain which i am happy about. please advise me on foods to avoid cause i just eat what i see.

Thanks for your post.

It's good to hear that you're tolearting medications well and have gained weight and appetite.

While rash can be a side effect of many HIV medications, including nevirapine, a limited rash that occurs from time to time doesn't sound like a drug rash to me. It's perhaps more likely that this is a contact allergy (like that to a laundry soap or perfume).

As for what foods to eat or not, I'd have you look at TheBody.com's search engine under "nutrition". You'll find many links to relevant articles. In short, I strive to have my patients eat a balanced diet and avoid excesses in any one food category.

As a friend once said, "life's short, eat well". Good luck and health to you. BY

HIV prophylaxis during pregnancy
Re:reduction of both cd4 %viral load