What is the correct Sustiva dose

Dear Doctors ;thank you for your valuable and endless work on this site.My question is this my Doctor has me on Sistiva 800mgs which i do a divid dose 400mgs bid and that stops the weird dreams,Viramune,ziagen and epivir.I ve read conflicting info about the dosing of sustiva,Fact Viramune lowers sustiva levels by 22 but what is conflicting some say increase Sustiva by 200mgs a day ,while others say no need.What is the correct dosing.I wrote to DuPont Pharmaceuticals and they don't recommened to increase the dose.But mention studies that increased the dose by 200mgs,very confused.

Response from Dr. Pavia

Dupont is giving you the cautious approach, telling you that studies are using the 800 mg dose with nevirapine but they are really not in a position to recommend it given the limited information.

As you mentioned, it is clear that nevirapine lowers the level of sustiva by 20-30%. This is an amount that may make a difference. In the major ongoing study of the two drugs together versus each one separately, the dose is sustiva 800, nevirapine 400 per day. This is the dose I would recommend for now, and you seem to be tolerating it well. As with so many things, we will need to watch the studies to see if this is the best advice.

ATP

stopping HAART in asymptomatic patients
Leg Pain