Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

pml /drugs
Sep 21, 2005

i have 26 t cells and 160,000 viral load and an mri that shows pml. know my chances are bleak; doc put me on sustiva and truvada. any thoughts on this combo?

Response from Dr. Young

Thanks for your post.

While you have a bad AIDS complication and very low CD4 cell count, I wouldn't cash in your chips yet. I've got several patients in my clinic who were diagnosed with situations very similar to yours.

On effective (and well adhered to) treatments, such as the one that your starting on, they had resolution of their PML and dramatic improvements in their CD4 cell counts. If you do a search for PML on this forum on TheBody.com, you'll hear more of their (and others') stories.

Good health to you. Write back and let us all know how you're doing. BY

Previous
Hiv and marraige
Next
what are signs of AIDS?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.