Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

pml /drugs

i have 26 t cells and 160,000 viral load and an mri that shows pml. know my chances are bleak; doc put me on sustiva and truvada. any thoughts on this combo?

Thanks for your post.

While you have a bad AIDS complication and very low CD4 cell count, I wouldn't cash in your chips yet. I've got several patients in my clinic who were diagnosed with situations very similar to yours.

On effective (and well adhered to) treatments, such as the one that your starting on, they had resolution of their PML and dramatic improvements in their CD4 cell counts. If you do a search for PML on this forum on TheBody.com, you'll hear more of their (and others') stories.

Good health to you. Write back and let us all know how you're doing. BY

Hiv and marraige
what are signs of AIDS?