Hiv and marraige

My Name is Charity,My Husband is hiv positive,and i am not,is it possible?we are married 1998.The doctor said that my husband was infected for a very long time.How is that possible that i am not hiv Positive?

Charity, thank you for your post.

It's possible that you've not become infected because of good luck or good genes. There are well described examples of women in Africa (prostitutes) who are repeatedly exposed to HIV but remain uninfected. It now is clear that the reason for this are mutations in their CCR5 HIV coreceptors that make it very difficult for HIV to productively infect their cells.

Either way, congratuations on you status. Now that you know about your husbands status, I wouldn't continue to roll the dice-- practice safe habits (i.e., condoms) whenever for whatever. BY

PEP for only two weeks
pml /drugs