Sep 21, 2005
I was planning to start teatment when my cd count was 261 and viral load was2100,so i took another labs and my cd was321,VL-1420(my VL has been declining from initial 2440)could it be the reason for my increasing CD and, should i start t/ment or defer?I'm asymptomatic and in perfect health
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
With two CD4 counts below 350, I'd probably not change my recommendations about starting treatment. I'm a firm believer in starting treatment before (not after) you develop symptoms-- call it preventive medicine.
You don't have to start immediately, but if you choose to wait, make sure that you continue to get periodic lab and symptom monitoring.
Good luck, thanks for reading. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Will Happen If You Have Herpes And Don't Get Treatment?
- What Pills Can You Take To Get Rid Of Bacterial Vaginosis Or A Yeast Infection?
- Risk Using No Condom When One Partner Has Herpes But Not On An Outbreak
- Topical Cream For Shingles And Nerve Pain
- Topical Antifungal For Angular Chelitis
- What Is The Best Way To Keep Bacterial Vaginosis Away?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.