A couple of Silly Questions

I am on Sustiva and Truvada, almost 6 weeks no side effects (touch wood) get labs on done on 9/19. Question 1: My Truvada instructions say to take 1 to 2 hours after meals. I take both pills before going to bed and two hours after meal time, whic means my time will vary by anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes ie one night at 11, the next at 11:15, then 11:30, then 11: then 11:20...you get the idea, is this bad, shold I just take them at 11:00 every night regardless of when I finish my evening meal (usually between 8:30 and 9:30). Question 2: Part of my work out routine is swimming laps, for a few reasons just started swimming after about a 3 month hiatus. I usually swim at night from 9:30 to 10:30, then meds at between 11 and 11:30. Any reaction or interference from the chlorine and other chemicals ingested and absorbed from the swimming pool water ?

Thanks for your post.

It's good to hear that your tolerating your treatments well. The Truvada/Sustiva that your taking should work well for a long time. I wouldn't stress much about the small variation in your dosing, the medications can be taken without such precision in timing.

Lastly, I'm not aware of any issues with swimming (or pool chemicals) and your meds.

Keep up the adherence and exercise. Let us know how your doing from time to time. I'm sure that many of our newbie readers will be interested. BY

Epzicom/norvir/Reyataz
AIDS treatment