With or without food
Sep 21, 2005
I am taking 300 mg of lamivudine and 300 mg of tenofir with my breakfast and 600 mg of efavirenz at night before bed on an empty stomach. Can I take all 3 medications on an empty stomach before retiring without food? I have been given conflicting answers to this question. I have been undetectable for 5 years and on this regime for nearly 3 and my t cells have been around 300-400. I am worried about making the change if it is going to affect the reults being on these meds which are working well for me Thank you very much
Response from Dr. Young
Thank you for your post.
Your treatment regimen can be safely taken without regard to food in the stomach.
Good luck, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Stinging Pain After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Should You Wait To Get Tested For Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.