New meds and SE's

My boyfriend has just recently started on Reyataz and Combivir combination in the last week. He has had very upsetting side effects for him...fatigue, nasuea, and states he is very "fuzzy brained" and can't concentrate since taking the meds. I am a RN and told him to at least give it 2 weeks, but I can see it in him that its really getting to him. Is the a good combination of meds? Should we ask for a change in meds? Thanks in advance, I just found this website and it has been very helpful.

Thank you for your post and comments.

It would seem to me that your BF is having side effects from his medications, most likely the Combivir (particularly the AZT half). Nausea and fatigue are not uncommon side effects from AZT; taking the medications with food in the stomach (as required by Reyataz anyways) sometimes helps mitigate the symptoms. If the side effects don't subside within a couple of weeks, be sure to bring this to the attention of your boyfriend's healthcare provider-- a change in medications may be warranted. BY

T-Cells
low platelest, Should I begin Meds?