Is combivir a prevention for HIV to spread

On Sunday Morning a on/or 7:20 am, I had Sexual Intercourse with another male and myself being male. His condom broke during the sexual act and also released sperm in me due to the condom breaking. I noted this, immediately went to the toilet and forced all the sperm out (upon finishing I could see the sperm in the toilet bowl). Monday morning at 8:30 I went to the hospital and explained the whole situation. They responded and said they will treat it as if it was a rape case...whereby I had 72 hours to stop the disease from it's full process. Prescribed medication was COMBIVIR. On Monday evening at 7:50 pm I took two COMBIVIR's and continued with this. I was informed to take it axactly the same time twice a day. From a different doctor I was informed that it is not important to take the pills at the axact time in the morning and at night, as long as it is taken twice a day. Can this prevent a disease from spreading if it is taken within 72 hours and should this be taken at 7:50 am and at 7:50pm. Been two weeks and hoping fot the best. Kindly assist with the correct information as I cant get a direct answer from any South African Doctor.

Thanks for your post.

It's generally considered OK to take Combivir twice a day; meaning it's less critical that the doses are separated by exactly 12 hours.

Combivir can be effective in preventing HIV infection, particularly if the first doses are administered soon after the exposure.

I wish you well, BY

CD4
What options can I have?