What Does it mean when you find blood in your stool?
Sep 21, 2005
Hi! My name is valene. I just recently had a lot of blood and i mean a lot in my stool. This isn't the first time. However, this time was the most I had ever saw. What could this mean? Thanks!
Response from Dr. Young
There are a number of conditions that can cause blood in the stool. Some are not too serious (like hemorrhoids) while others can be very serious (like cancer).
If you've had blood in your stool (especially like you, for some time), I'd strongly advise you to have your doctor take a look.
Good luck, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Where Is Herpes Located?
- What Over The Counter Medication Can Help Get Rid Of Shingles?
- What Can A Man Do If He Thinks He Was Exposed To Hpv Genital Warts?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- What Are Physical Symptoms Of Genital Herpes?
- Is Tea Tree Oil Used For Warts With Hpv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.