Sep 20, 2005
what are the hazards of living without a spleen.
| Response from Dr. Young
Persons who have had their spleens removed are at greater risk for a variety of infections, primarily particular bacterial infections. For persons with HIV, another aspect of note is that their absolute CD4 counts tend to run higher (though without an increase in CD4 percentage). BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Penis Discharge After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Can Penicillin Cure Chlamydia?
- Can You Get Thrush From Salt Water?
- How Long Do You Have To Wait To Have Sex After Using Premarin Vaginal Cream?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.