Sep 20, 2005
what are the hazards of living without a spleen.
Response from Dr. Young
Persons who have had their spleens removed are at greater risk for a variety of infections, primarily particular bacterial infections. For persons with HIV, another aspect of note is that their absolute CD4 counts tend to run higher (though without an increase in CD4 percentage). BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Penis After Getting Head Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Having Sex During Period Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Stinging Pain After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Can Hepatitis Cause Excessive Saliva At Night?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.