recent infection/swollen glands/high viral load
Sep 19, 2005
ive been recently infected with hiv, may 2005. my tcells count was 500 three months ago is 700 now. viral load was greater than 500000, now 89000. Is there an urgent need for me to start treatment with still a very hight viral load? or does the viral load goes down with time? Also, I ve been having swollen glands since i got infected? is swollen glands a sign of a bad hiv type of virus?? or a weak immune system? Please let me know. Thank u.
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
Having persistently swollen glands is not uncommon and neither a sign of a particularly bad virus nor weak immune system. I'd review your symptoms with your doctor to be sure.
Good luck, write back anytime. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Erectile Dysfunction After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Herpes After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Swallowing Precum Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Getting Scratched Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Night Sweats After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.