Sep 18, 2005
My brother will be moving in with my Mom soon and he is HIV positive. What precautions should my Mom take?
Response from Dr. Young
Since HIV is transmitted only in infected body fluids, such as blood and semen, the only thing that your mother should be cautious about is handling such fluids.
Otherwise, there is essentially no risk to household contacts of persons living with HIV. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Black Spots After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Oral Sex Hooker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
- Can Saliva Transmit Hepatitis B?
- Will Penicillin Cure Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.