Recently diagnosed HIV+
Sep 18, 2005
I have a friend who was recently (3-weeks) ago diagnosed HIV+. His Tcells are 330. Why would his tcells already be so low if he was only infected sometime within the past 90 days?
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your post.
It's difficult to know for sure why your friends counts are lower than expected. One possibility is if he really was infected only 3 months ago, that he still hasn't recovered from initial infection. Another possibility is that he normally has relatively low CD4s-- the lower limit of normal in many commercial labs is 350. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Chills After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Barebacking Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Hole In Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Can Ampicillin Treat Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.